Transcend Mortality(Complete Mage)
Level: Wu Jen 9,
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 immediate action
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
You feel your body surge with mystic power that rivals that of the gods themselves.
Transcend mortality was created as a last-ditch effort, a spell to use when all other options have failed.
For the duration of the spell, you are all but indestructible.
You gain the following benefits:
- Damage reduction 30/epic.
- Spell resistance equal to 21 + you caster level.
- Acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic resistance 50.
- Immunity to ability damage, disease, energy drain, poison, and death effects.
- +10 enhancement bonus on all saving throws.
- You do not need to eat, drink, or breathe.
Although this spell makes you effectively unkillable for the duration, that comes at a horrific price.
You gain these benefits by using up all your remaining life force.
When the spell ends, you are instantly slain and reduced to a pile of dust (as disintegrate).
This effect allows no save and can't be prevented by any means, though you can be resurrected normally afterward.